Application Deadline: 8:00 pm EST ~ Sept. 14, 2012
More than 40 up-and-coming young leaders will be selected to attend the 20th SPN Annual Meeting
The SPN Annual Meeting is the premier event for the free-market, state think-tank community
- You have an interest in working for liberty at the state & local level
- Opportunity to meet more than 700 fantastic, like-minded people - and be energized!
- Get the latest information about the successes and challenges across the country
- You have ideas to share about how to reach young people with the ideas of liberty
- To be eligible, an applicant must be at least 21, and under 30, by November 13, 2012, and be at least one of the following:
- A current or former intern of an SPN member or associate member.
- A former SPN / IHS Charles G. Koch Summer Fellow (KSFP)
- An active member or alum of America's Future Foundation, Benjamin Rush Society, The Federalist Society, Liberty on the Rocks, Student Free Press Association, Students For Liberty, Young America's Foundation or Young Americans for Liberty
- Preference will be given to applicants who can attend all, or most, of the Annual Meeting.
- Applications must be submitted to SPN by 8:00 pm EST, September 14.
- Applicants will be notified of their status by October 5.
- Flights must be booked on or before October 16.
- If travel plans are not made on or before October 16, space may be awarded to another applicant.
What Generation Liberty Fellows receive
- A $450 travel grant.
- Double- or triple-occupancy lodging (GLFs are responsible for room incidentals, such as Internet, movies, room service, etc.).
- Registration for the Annual Meeting, which includes all meals and receptions.
Note: SPN will handle room reservations. Travel reimbursement checks will be mailed after the Annual Meeting to those who have fulfilled basic Meeting requirements (described below).
Those selected to attend the SPN Annual Meeting, to receive their travel reimbursement, agree to attend:
- a GLF orientation and opening reception;
- pre-selected program sessions; and
- all program meals while at the event.
Attendees must also complete a post-event survey.
SPN Annual Meeting
- Begins: Tuesday, November 13, 5:00pm (GLF Orientation & Reception)
- Concludes: Friday, November 16 at 12 noon
Kurt T. Weber
Senior Advisor, State Policy Network
email@example.com or 703-740-0312