Application Deadline: 11:59 pm EST ~ August 11, 2013
More than 40 up-and-coming young leaders will be selected to attend the 21st SPN Annual Meeting
The SPN Annual Meeting is the premier event for the free-market, state think-tank community
Why attend the SPN Annual Meeting?
- You have an interest in working for liberty at the state & local level
- Opportunity to meet more than 800 fantastic, like-minded people - and be energized!
- Get the latest information about the successes and challenges across the country
- You have ideas to share about how to reach young people with the ideas of liberty
- To be eligible, an applicant must be at least 21, and under 30, by September 24, 2013, and be at least one of the following:
- A current or former intern of an SPN member or associate member.
- A former SPN / IHS Charles G. Koch Summer Fellow (KSFP)
- An active member or alum of America's Future Foundation, Benjamin Rush Society, The Federalist Society, Foundation for Economic Education, Intercollegiate Studies Institute, Liberty on the Rocks, Student Free Press Association, Students For Liberty, Young America's Foundation or Young Americans for Liberty
- Preference will be given to applicants who can attend all, or most, of the Annual Meeting.
- Applications must be submitted to SPN by 11:59 pm EST, August 10.
- Applicants will be notified of their status by August 20.
- Flights must be booked on or before August 27.
- If travel plans are not made on or before August 27, space may be awarded to another applicant.
What Generation Liberty Fellows receive
- A $450 travel grant.
- Double- or triple-occupancy lodging (GLFs are responsible for room incidentals, such as Internet, movies, room service, etc.).
- Registration for the Annual Meeting, which includes all meals and receptions.
Note: SPN will handle room reservations. Travel reimbursement checks will be mailed after the Annual Meeting to those who have fulfilled basic Meeting requirements (described below).
Those selected to attend the SPN Annual Meeting, to receive their travel reimbursement, agree to attend:
- a GLF orientation;
- pre-selected program sessions; and
- all program meals while at the event.
Attendees must also complete a post-event survey.
SPN Annual Meeting
- Begins: Tuesday, September 24, 5:00pm (GLF Orientation)
- Concludes: Friday, September 27 at 12 noon
Kurt T. Weber
Senior Advisor, State Policy Network
Kurt@spn.org or 703-740-0312