The State Policy Network seeks an individual who has a passion for advancing freedom policies in the states. Candidates must be able to pick up quickly on emerging issues and think like an idea entrepreneur: in other words, what will be required to help state think tanks and national partners determine highest value ideas to get across the finish line
Candidates need to have very good customer service and interpersonal skills. Connecting leaders and building productive relationships between state and national groups are a daily part of this role.
- Serve as a liaison between SPN’s state partners and national organizations in DC.
- Promote the work of state think tanks at the national level.
- Lead SPN’s external communications and represent SPN at national coalition meetings.
- Manage an issue portfolio that includes building coalitions, assisting state think tanks with strategy, and identifying policy leaders.
- Direct and execute SPN’s conference and external events participation.
- Work with Advance Policy Team on setting goals and evaluating progress.
- Manage SPN’s Associate program.
- 3-5 years previous experience in coalition building, external relations, or issue campaigns.
- Cheerful and professional demeanor, high level of customer service, enjoys meeting new people and going out of his/her way to help solve problems.
- High energy, can adhere to a plan but is flexible when needed.
- Lives in DC or travels there frequently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Flexible, professional, open work culture that encourages entrepreneurship and provides significant opportunity for professional development and growth.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts and 403(b) retirement savings program.
- Competitive vacation policy.
The Coalitions Manager will be a part of SPN’s Advance Policy Team and report to the Director of Coalitions. Please send resume and cover letters to Kathleen O’Hearn at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.